The Records Division of the Hull Police Department is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and can be reached at 781-925-1212. Requests for information by mail should be forwarded to:
Hull Police Department
1 School Street
Hull, MA 02045
Current Service Fees:
- Incident Reports picked up at Station: $.50 per single-sided page.
- Accident Reports picked up at Station: $5.00 per report for up to six (6) pages and $.50 per page for additional pages.
- Incident Reports sent by mail: $1.00 per single-sided page.
- Accident Reports sent by mail: $5.00 per report for up to six (6) pages and $.50 per page for additional pages.
- Pistol, FID Permits and Mace Only Permits: $100.00 due at time of application.
- Hull Residents Only: Free per (2) print cards
Report Request Forms
Operators are required to file “Commonwealth of Massachusetts Operator’s Reports” when the damage to any one vehicle exceeds $1,000. 00. Operators are also required to file whenever there is personal injury or any vehicles left the scene without identifying themselves. Two copies are these reports are needed. One copy must be turned into the Police Department where the accident occurred and the second copy must be filed with the Registrar of Motor Vehicles, P.O. Box 199100 Boston, MA 02119.
These forms are available at any Massachusetts Police Department or Registry of Motor Vehicles.
Copies of Reports:
In order to obtain a copy of a report in person, or through the mail, you should know the date, time, and location of the incident. If the incident is a motor vehicle accident, you should also have the names of all the operators of the vehicles involved.
Reports will not be released until the investigation has been completed, the report filed, and reviewed by a supervisor. This generally takes a minimum of four weeks.
Copies of any incident reports or accident reports that are currently pending court will not be given out by the Records Department. Copies of these reports are available through the Hingham District Court.
COPIES OF ACCIDENT REPORTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN OUT UNTIL THE OPERATORS HAVE FILED THEIR “COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS OPERATOR’S REPORT” FORM WITH THIS DEPARTMENT.
Massachusetts Record Checks:
There is a $25.00 fee to obtain a copy of a criminal record through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Information and forms can be downloaded through the Criminal History Systems Board.
Criminal Record Forms
- Request a copy of your Massachusetts criminal record
- Request for another person’s publicly accessible criminal record
- Request for CORI access for agencies or individuals not previously certified (e.g. schools, camps, elder care)
Motor Vehicle Forms
- Motor vehicle crash report form
- Change of address notification for license and registration
- License and ID update form, duplicate request form
- Application for written or road test, liquor ID, Mass ID, or to convert out of state license
- Request for driving record
- Non-resident student form for vehicles registered out of state
- Application for duplicate motor vehicle title